Friday, December 21, 2007

Fiiiiiiive gooooooold riiiings, BA DUM DUM DUM

Recently, I've been thinking about an old Christmas album featuring The Muppets and John Denver. I'm not sure what brought it on, but I've really got an itch now to pick up the disc or the LP. Well, I'd love to have the LP but I wouldn't be able to listen to it.

Earlier, I found it on Amazon for less than $10. I have the chance to get a $25 online gift card and had been considering Amazon; now it's set. What was the hook that pulled me offstage like The Great Gonzo? The samples of each song. Unfortunately, it doesn't include the best part of "The Twelve Days of Christmas."

It took me back to hear just those snippets, though. I could see my childhood living room, trees from years past, could see my brother and parents decorating and all of us singing together. I miss those days more than I miss a big city. It's very likely that I'll cry the first time I listen to the album.

No comments: