Saturday, August 9, 2008

1st lede writethru

Starting Monday (but possibly Tuesday), look for more frequent updates and more interesting topics, as I'll be blogging (and e-mailing, and matching, and maybe even downloading music and uploading photos) from the Viera bureau. Turns out Internet access isn't as much as I first thought. And if roommie decides to use it, too, my cost will be cut in half. Sweet.

In financial news, I'm one year, two months and one day past my last bounced check and accompanying insufficient fund fee. Woo-hoo! To celebrate, I'm getting something valued at $35, the price of my last fee. I'm thinking of a few DVDs in the theme of the "American Dream," such as "Raisin in the Sun" (with Sidney Poitier, of course), "Of Mice and Men" and "The Great Gatsby."

Additionally, I've finally got my checkbook back to balanced. To celebrate, I'm getting something valued at $13, the amount I was off balance. This item will probably be super girly and cute and totally unnecessary, like the wares at Francesca's Closet in the Avenue Viera.

I've always believed in the power of positive reinforcement. No, this is not an excuse for me to go shopping. I've wanted these things, especially the movies, for a while but wouldn't get them because of, well, finances. And now when I watch the movies or use the yet-to-be-determined gee-gaw, I'll remember why I got them, and remember how far I've come financially.

At least one area of my life is doing well. Why can't I say the same about boys???

No comments: