Monday, February 11, 2008

Cupid misses yet again

My new friend is out. I have no idea what happened. He was supposed to visit after work Saturday. I still haven't heard from him. Apparently, there was a crime scene (that wasn't in the paper) and his car was stuck. What. Ever. (Yes, of course I've already checked the jail log. And checked with the weekend reporters about "incidents.")

I don't care for V-day anyway. I've been burned on that day in the past, and also later had redeeming holidays filled with love and sweetness. And then those relationships ended, too, so the day goes back to bittersweet memories of this guy's dinner or that guy's flowers. I'm over it. No sense in spending so much on candy and flowers that will be half-price on the 15th.

Besides, it's my dad's birthday.

So no cards, hearts, ribbons, lace, chocolates. Although I've thought about bringing goodies for the desk to enjoy ... Not before the 15th, for sure.

All this and I still dream of flowers on my desk from a secret admirer. Damn romantic heart.

2 comments:

Blasphemer said...

Perhaps, this may help.

http://blog.extensis.com/typecaster/

You could still end up with a flower tower from one of the new friends yet.

Wordnerdy said...

I miss the flower tower. It was so cool.

Alas, no secret admirer for WN. A reporter friend has one, though. OK. I'll admit it. I hate the day because there are no flowers. Damn.

You already knew that, though.