Sunday, September 9, 2007

There's nothing like living in a bottle

Well, I haven't felt like this in a while. Dizzy, barely able to stand up feeling as though I no longer have intestines, let alone anything in them -- yep, I was a bit of a party girl last night. It was fun. But I again stayed too long. I crawled into work and luckily it's a slow Sunday.

Other good news: I went to see a therapist in town, who told me I don't need therapy. (THat was part of the reason I went, the not knowing if I should.) It was pretty cool - she said congratulations, you've graduated out of therapy. You have a good grasp of yourself.

We have a new copy editor starting tomorrow. He's moving from D.C. -- inside the District -- and is young and single and works on my schedule. No, this is not an insinuation of us getting together; I don't date coworkers. This is totally awesome because there is someone on the desk who might like to hang out with other young singles and who doesn't get off work until 12:30 a.m. I just have to be careful not to decide he's my BFF and overwhelm the kid. I can see the potential because I'm so damn excited about him working here.

Question: Which is the greatest news publication ever: The Onion or Weekly World News? Why?

2 comments:

Lorem Ipsum said...

The Onion, hands down. The WWN was hilarious in its absurdity and creativity, but the Onion's brilliant, biting satire is unlike anything out there. It's our generation's version of the National Lampoon (particularly during its best years, the '60s and '70s).

The Daily Show and the Colbert Report -- would they exist is the Onion never had? I doubt it.

I would love to work for the Onion one day, preferably at the end of my career. Then again, with the state of the news now, perhaps it will come sooner. Fake news is a helluva lot more popular than real news. Just ask Jon Stewart.

Lou said...

A bit of advice: Find out what kind of person he is before you get too invested in the new guy as a friend. Trust me on this :)


Good to hear you're having fun! E-mail me!