Friday, August 31, 2007

Like a band of gypsies, we run down the highway

The drive from Melbourne to Jacksonville was supposed to take 2.5 hours. It took almost 5.5. Why are there constantly wrecks on I-95 that require diverting traffic? And why don't patrolmen divert travelers earlier? It took me one hour to get to Cocoa, which should only take 20 minutes.

I took U.S. 1 the whole way to Ponte Vedra. I just cut out the Jacksonville leg completely. It was ridiculous. And the one time I tried to get back on 95, I was hit with more bad traffic.

You know, sometimes it's nice to return to your roots. I drove through Mims, Aurantia, Scottsmoor, Oak Hill, Edgewater, New Smyrna Beach (home of the Pretentious Heights wedding), Port Orange, Holly Hill, Korona, Bunnell, and on and such.

Let's not even get into the number of times my car was almost hit.

And people here in the southland think public transportation is a bad idea.

But at least Byron Leftwich is no longer with the Jags. It's a good day after all!

No comments: