Sunday, August 12, 2007

What's your vision of the future?

OK, so it's slow time at work. Maybe I'll update the blog with more than just "I'm not dead" fodder.

So how do I want this blog to be? I don't know. Tough to say. I don't want to go so far as to end each with an open-ended question, but I don't want it to be so narrow that no one reads. Hm. I'll figure that out as I go, I suppose.

Funny how I now don't have much to say.

I"m really worried about my eyesight. This should be blatant now, as I've shared this concern with my mother and the boy. I used to have perfect vision. Now, everything is in soft focus.

At the DMV last month, the guy behind the counter said I barely passed the visual exam and that I should have my eyes checked. I told him I have glasses but didn't think I could wear them.

Around Sept. 1, when new insurance starts, I'll be able to have a new exam done and get new lenses for one pair of glasses. I don't really want new frames, as I really love both pairs. Although new work glasses wouldn't be a bad thing if I got them tinted.

Anyway, the point is that I don't understand why my visin has become less clear so quickly. For more than 20 years, it was great. In the last five or so, it's drastically changed. That's scary.

2 comments:

Sona said...

Lots of things can change your vision - illness, hormones, trauma - but mostly it's just age.

Welcome to getting older.

Lou said...

My vision has been going downhill since I was 7. It gets worse every year. If I didn't know you were next to me, I couldn't tell you you were if I didn't have glasses on or contacts in. Embrace it. It becomes less scary.