Saturday, August 25, 2007

Ms. Nerdy becomes Ms. Popular

So the newspaper team did not make the finals of the spelling bee. It was a crushing loss for yours truly, though I was delighted to make the team. Afterward, I hung out with some reporter types and met the new photog.

I got invited to a party! It's tonight!

Yeah, I'm pretty excited. And a few nights ago, I was really hungry late at night and went to Denny's. I started talking to this guy who was a bit toasty but nothing too bad. Eh. Making friends is long overdue, no matter the state of the making. Last night, the sports folks invited me to their start-of-preps drinking getaway after work. Space Land has a bar across the street, unlike the Nation's Oldest City. Further proof it's a "real paper."

Things are finally looking up. I get insurance next Saturday, just in time because I'm about out of everything and can't stand to overpay again for medicine. Amazing how $90 a month will save me $290, at least. And I think I'll get a new pair of work glasses. And I've got to see a chiropractor and dentist. Relief!

1 comment:

Sona said...

Sucks how insurance is a necessary evil. I've been rationing my meds while we were uninsured.