Sunday, June 15, 2008

I don't know when I'll be back again

I can fly to my brother's house in North Carolina for under $50. But I can't get from his house to my father's house (or even within 100 miles of my father's house) for less than $500. Nor can I get from my brother's house to my mother's temporary house for less than $500. And I can't get from either parents' house back to my house for less than $115.

The alternative is renting a car for more than a week, plus gas. I hate driving. Especially that far. And especially if there are no passengers.

2 comments:

shoyu said...

Tell your parents to meet you at your brother's house.

Wordnerdy said...

My parents don't like to be in the same ZIP code. Rather, my stepmother can't stand my mother. (Interesting, isn't it?) My mother and father both seem indifferent, but would prefer to be in separate spaces.

I'm thinking of asking my father to drive me to my mother's. It'll be like when I was high school. Oh boy.