Saturday, June 7, 2008

I understand



I first heard about PostSecret sometime in 2004, I think. Or maybe 2005. I only remember who told me about it, so it must have been in 2004.

I haven't been faithful at reading the posts on a weekly basis, but I get back to them every once in a while.

The secrets so many people have shared are amazing. I've long thought about sending one in, but I don't know what my secret is.

PostSecret is traveling the country in an exhibit. The roommate and I are going to see it tomorrow before I come to work. Before we decided that, though, I had to make sure the museum would be open. I made my way back to the PS page and found the community, where I learned about the beginning of the project.

Then I read the above postcard. Suddenly, I began to understand. Not just the secrets, but myself. The questions I always have. The questions that are all wrong.

It's been an enlightening day, and not just because of PostSecret. I want to find the thoughtful questions.

2 comments:

shoyu said...

Did PostSecret show you how to insert photos into your blog posts?

Wordnerdy said...

No, but Blogger did. I've posted photos before, dork. And one of these days, I'll post lots more, like all the cakes I've baked, and scenes from Denver, and photographic evidence that Kansas is not flat.

One day. When someone in the apartment calls about Internet access. And when I get a new computer. It'll be soon.