Saturday, October 13, 2007

And I said, "Well, that's the one thing we've got"

So what do you plan to be for Halloween?

I'm thinking of Holly Golightly. One thing holding me back, though, is whether I want to wear my black dress. It's nice, a little big, though. It has a small train on the back. Perfectly Holly.

But do I want to wear that to a Halloween Street Party, with lots of drunk people and spilled alcohol and dirt?

Well, I bought it in 1998. And I know I've worn it once. Maybe twice.

Maybe I shouldn't be so stuck on it getting dirty. It's not getting much wear.

Now I just need to find long black gloves, fabulous pearl and diamond costume jewelry, and, most importantly, a cigarette holder.

Or I could go with Holly from the opening sequence, with a croissaint and coffee. Or I could get this from Fred Flare and do an all-movie thing.



I truly do want to get a sleep mask, though. The sunlight coming in at 8:30 a.m. is why I have interrupted sleep, I bet.

1 comment:

Atypical California Girl said...

I have to work this year, so I will not be dressing up. But I do love Halloween.
Once year my ex and I went as Homer and Marge Simpson. Yep, I even had a big, blue beehive wig.
The best was the year I stayed home to pass out candy, but still wanted to dress up at the last minute.
I found a large cardboard box, cut out arm and head holes and wrapped it in Christmas paper.
Then I tied a bunch of curly ribbon to a head band.
I put on red tights and a red turtleneck, put my headband on and slid into my box.
Perfect.
The best part was when one of the dads bringing his kids around for candy asked "So, who gets to unwrap you later?"
Classy.