Saturday, October 13, 2007

I know I won't be leaving here with you

Another blog composed in my head and forgotten at work. So here's some other stuff.

Jr. and I hung out for a while last night. (Jr. is my handle for the new kid on the desk.) We tried to get to a downtown bar I've wanted to visit, but the bouncer wouldn't let us in at 1:29 a.m. So we walked around downtown and talked.

There were some boys at the Pita Pit and we made some brief conversation while watching the NLCS, then Jr. and I left. The boys left soon after and I really thought they'd stop and talk. One was quite cute. It's funny, the more we're together, the less I am physically attracted to him. I guess I'm successfully convincing myself that I don't date co-workers. Or I see him as my Jr/brother type. Or something. Anyway, we split at 4:15 a.m.

As for the FsansWB, well ... We shared a late pizza a few nights ago. We got to talking some and it was nice and friend-like. But he said something while we were on the phone that has pretty well sealed the deal in terms of me ever being interested again.

There's this softball team. At first, I had no desire to play, as I'm not very good at catching, throwing or hitting. Then, after watching the team for a few weeks, I thought I might like to join. It seemed like a fun way to get active. This is a co-ed team, and at least three females must be on the team, otherwise you get an out each time the third female would have bat. Well, I was informed that this particular team will never have more than three "girls" play at once, because the team is *that* competitive. In a co-ed league.

Anyone who knows me -- and granted, few of the readers do -- can imagine the look on my face when I heard this. So I think I'll stop attending games altogether. I'm well on my way, since I didn't go this week because of a bad phone call that got me all worked up, and next week, I'll be in Jacksonville. Now, it's also possible only FsWB and his roommate know about this plan. But I think the female who started the team would be upset to know this, and the female who owns the store that sponsors the team might also be surprised.

One more thing. When I missed the softball game this week, two people were concerned and asked why I wasn't there. Neither of them was the guy I got hung up on.

I've really not had much desire to call him or see him or anything. That's a good feeling. I think I'm coming to my senses.

Now if I could just cut out the screaming woman who wants to be held ....

*Edited one time for possible bad move*

1 comment:

Jim Thomsen said...

Come on. You're better than this, man.