Monday, October 15, 2007

You say the world has come between us

I tried on my black dresses last night. I won't wear the one I referred to in the previous post, but probably will wear the other one. It's not flattering, for some reason, but I have some ideas on how to fix that. At least it's long enough without being too long.

I'm so excited about Halloween! Mr. Social Secretary knows I have the night off and knows to keep me informed on what the plan is. While in Jax this week, I want to hit up some of the consignment and antiques stores for lovely pearls. Also, I've been viewing photos of Ms. Hepburn as Miss Golightly online for inspiration, and will print some to carry with me while shopping.

Dear Jim Thomsen, if you ever get caught up with my blog, I know you will be SHOCKED and AMAZED that I will dress for Halloween as a character portrayed by Audrey Hepburn.



Still cannot remember all those divine little posts. I need to write them down next time they come to mind.

In other news, Jr and I met for lunch today. It's the first time in -- weeks? months? -- a while that I've gotten up at 12:30. Hell, gotten up before 2:30. Old Navy is having a big sale. Must be careful not to go overboard! Only one pair of jeans! One pair of khakis!

I'm also looking forward to picking up my film, slides and diopter later this week. Hooray for my spiffy news series!

1 comment:

Jim Thomsen said...

Did I not tell you that "you have the Audrey Hepburn thing going on" when you wore that sheer dress at the ACES shindig in Miami? (Even when you were freezing your ass off later?)